Recording & Submitting Timecards
For instructions and to learn about submitting and approving time cards in Ignite please visit the Ignite Student Employee training website. Below are statements regarding student worker timecards.
- To provide accurate and timely payment, student need to enter their worked time daily and submit their timecard by the established deadline.
- Students may not “volunteer” for hours for their assigned duties.
- As hourly wage employees, students are classified as “non-exempt” employees as defined by the Fair Labor Standards Act, requiring all hours to be recorded and paid hourly.
- Student employees are required to complete and submit their time card in Ignite to their supervisor no later than midnight on the Sunday following the end of the pay period.
- Students are required to report all hours worked, even if a violation of the University policy on working more than 20 hours per week has occurred.
- Federal regulations require the University to pay for all hours worked.
- It is important that the hiring manager and the student employee have a mutual understanding of the terms of the employment start/end dates and rate of pay.
- Following these rules assists Baylor with compliance with applicable federal and Texas Pay Day Law.
This document/website does not, and other associated documents or websites, establish or extend any contractual rights to student employees. All student employees are “at-will” employees.