Student Employment Award
All supervisors of student workers are encouraged to thoughtfully consider and submit nominations for their dedicated student workers whose exceptional service demonstrates leadership, teamwork skills, excellence in communication, reliability, quality of work and impact within the department along with uniqueness of their contributions. Student Employment Award winners will receive a plaque and certificate of recognition at the Staff Awards Ceremony in the spring semester.
The Student Employment Award nomination period is now open and will close on March 1, 2024.
Use the link below to submit a nomination for a deserving student worker!
Student Employment Award
This award recognizes 1-2 student workers (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student) who accomplishes exceptional achievements in their respective job assignment while presenting themselves as a successful employee and teamplayer.
- A single nominator can submit for an individual student worker.
- A group or team can submit for an individual student worker.
- Submissions will not be accepted for multiple student workers within a single nomination submission form.
- Submissions should be unique for each individual student worker nominated.
- Submissions cannot exceed 500 words. Please provide enough detail in order for the selection committee to review.
Nomination & Eligibility Guidelines
- The nominee must be a currently enrolled student of Baylor University performing in a student worker capacity.
- The nominee must be in good standing with Baylor University (i.e. Academic Integrity, Title IX, Registrar, etc.)
- Nominations will be based on the student worker's exhibition of one or more of the following:
- Demonstration of leadership and/or teamwork skills; and
- Excellence in communication, reliability, and quality of work; and
- Impact their work has made within their department; and
- Uniqueness of contribution(s).
- Any staff or faculty member can nominate an eligible student worker for the award.
- Student Workers may not nominate themselves for an award.
- Student Workers (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or Graduate Student) who are employed through Baylor Student Employment are eligible.
- A Student Worker may not be selected as a winner of this award more than once. Student Workers who won this award in a previous year, cannot be reviewed for selection and cannot win this award in any future cycle/year from their winning year.
- A Student Worker may be nominated more than once, but not by the same person in the same year.
- A Student Worker may not nominate themselves or any other Student Worker.